Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Leaves Cake



  This cake was CURSED!!! There were 3 different attempts at baking this thing, and we FINALLY ended up with this. The cake even killed a bird!!!!  Well, sorta.
  It was supposed to be a 2 tier round cake, then it was going to have one square tier, one round tier. The finished product? 1 tier, 4 layer, Triple chocolate and French Vanilla layered cake. I learned a lot from making this one, and I'm pretty happy with the final product. I used fondant to cover the cake, then, using a cookie cutter, I made the leave impressions, piped those and used the embroidering effect on them. I LOVE this technique and can't wait to use it again... But next time I'll be using a bigger tip, and not a cookie cutter. I don't like the dents it left :(

No comments:

Post a Comment